EAST AFRICA KISWAHILI COMMISSION
The East African Kiswahili Commission (EAKC) is an institution of the East African Community (EAC) responsible for the coordination and promotion of the development and use of Kiswahili for regional integration and sustainable development. The Commission is charged with the responsibility of ensuring the development of Kiswahili as a lingua franca for regional and international interaction for political, economic, social, cultural, educational, scientific and technical development.
The Commission wishes to translate a document from English to Kiswahili. The Commission needs to engage a professional translator to carry out the exercise
Specifically the consultant will;
- Translate the document from English to Kiswahili;
- Submit the draft translated version to the Commission;
- Attend and give guidance during a quality control workshop; and
- Consider the input of quality control workshop in finalizing the translated document.
- A Master’s degree in Translation or Kiswahili Language or Kiswahili Literature. A PhD in Kiswahili is an added advantage;
- A Kiswahili expert with translation experience;
- An expert with good proficiency in both English (Source language) and Kiswahili (Target Language);
- Must be an East African national.
The consultant’s services are requested from 21st March 2019 to 5th April 2019 and shall cover a total of approximately 15 expert days.
Interested candidates should request for detailed Tender Documents from firstname.lastname@example.org and submit Technical and Financial proposals by email not later than 18th March, 2019.